Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kayleigh Anne Freeman

I was very upset today to read in one of my favorite blogs that Kayleigh Freeman has taken a turn for the worse. I have been reading her families blog for so long that I almost feel like I know them. I have been cheered when Kayleigh has done well and been sad when she has to endure more pain. She has battled heart and lung problems but now has suffered brain damage and it does seem to be an unknown and bleak prognosis. To think that she may not ever go home or at least have some semblance of a normal life makes me so very sad.
I read a post today that some person wrote that they thought that Kayleigh's parents were putting her through unnecessary pain and suffering. That Aimee and Adam should have made 'the hard decision' instead of prolonging the inevitable. This post filled me with anger. Have people no sympathy? In the age of faceless chatting via Facebook, IM's, and texting have we lost the filter of empathy that should be between our brains and our mouths? Even if that is a valid opinion (which it is total crap), keep it to yourself! This is someone's dear daughter that may not ever survive that you are so casually commenting on a board for everyone to read.
I have also read comments on Kayleigh's blog that people have posted that talk about how her parents are exploiting her situation for their own gain. Really? I wasn't aware that wanting to share your daughter's inspiring, amazing story with other people would be considered exploitation. Kayleigh's father is too much a faithful man to tell these people what should be said, so I will. Take your judgemental, idiotic, thoughtless comments and shove them up your ass.

1 comment: