Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Meat!

I would be a vegetarian if I thought I would get enough to eat. Anyone that knows me knows that breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks are my favorite part of the day. I try to buy organic foods when I can afford them and when they are available, especially for the kids. I do not believe that vaccines are what is causing problems in our children because that theory is based on a small study that has been refuted time and time again (Jenny McCarthy, give it up!). Rather the pesticides and chemicals that they digest on a regular basis as their immune systems are growing....but I digress.
I recently had the misfortune to read a couple of articles on the awful practices of beef slaughterhouses and the feeding of arsenic to chickens. Yes, I said arsenic! So now eating chicken and beef are just not so fun anymore. I am currently in the process of trying to find a local farm that may sell grass fed or organic meat in bulk. To buy this meat in the grocery store is ridiculous as it sells for four times as much as non-organic meat.
Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: