Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Binky Fairy

My almost three year old still has a binky. I know, I know, horrors of horrors she still has a binky!! She uses it at night and in the car. I have had a hard time taking it away from her because she loves it so much and I can't think of a really good reason that she shouldn't have it. Contrary to popular opinion the binky will not mess up her teeth permanently unless they are adult teeth. I remember when my Dad and brother would hide my blankie when I was younger (they thought I was too old at six to still have one) and it upset me so much that I hate to do the same thing to Morgan. I do think that it is time now though as it seems to becoming more of a crutch than something soothing.
This is where the idea of the Binky Fairy came up. I saw the idea on an episode of the SuperNanny and thought this was a great idea. I want Morgan to give up the binky herself rather than me having to take it from her. So next week we are going to gather up all the binky's and put them in a special envelope addressed to the Binky Fairy. The Fairy will collect the binky's and give them to babies that don't have any. In return for Morgan's generosity the fairy will leave a gift in the mailbox. I will let you know how it goes.....

No comments: