Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I get it...you're smarter than me.....

So with all the hoopla surrounding the death of Osama Bin Laden I have come to one conclusion, some people are really annoying when they think they are right.
When I first heard about his death I did wonder about the timing of it. I have always assumed that our government knew where he was but chose to leave him alive so that he would not be deemed a martyr.
However, I have since learned that there are a number of people that are not convinced that OBL was even responsible for 9/11 or that he even exists. I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion but a conspiracy theorists standard response to being challenged is that I am a 'sheep' following the governments garbage that they feed me. I do question things before I form an opinion. Just because I choose the more popular option does that make me less intelligent? I prefer to think of myself as more scientific in my approach. In Osama Bin Ladens case, what is more likely?
  1. That there really is (was) a man that was so filled with hatred and decided to use his religion/money/influence as a springboard to commit acts of terror against a country that he views as the epitomy of greed?
  2. That the US government created such an individual to pin the blame on for 9/11 and somebody else is actually responsible for flying two 747's into the twin towers?
I am gonna go with number one but that is not because I am uneducated. I have read the alternative theories out there and am not impressed with the 'proof' or ideas that have been put forth.

No comments: