Monday, February 2, 2009

The Vomit Streak.....

Yesterday we christened my youngest daughter, Leah. We had family and friends come over to the house after for lunch and Morgan was so excited that her 'friends' were stopping by. Unfortunately, at 6:30 in the morning Morgan wanders into our room and announces that she does not feel good and proceeds to throw up in the bathroom. This continued several times throughout the morning and so she had to stay home from the church even though she felt better by the afternoon.
This is the first time that I have had to deal with a throwing up child. Morgan has not really thrown up since she was a baby. It turns out that I am not much help. All I want to do is hide my eyes and put my fingers in my ears so I can't hear the sounds. Which by the way is what I have done in the past if Ryan is sick.
I don't really understand the whole throwing up thing because I have not had the pleasure of doing that since I was a really young kid (it's been 25 years!). How I have gone this long without a good upchuck is anyone's guess. Even drinking seriously obscene amounts of alchohol in my younger years hasn't illicited anything worse than the dry heaves.
This is one club that I am not in any hurry to join ever again.

No comments: