Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Breastfeeding

After breastfeeding my first daughter for a year and currently breastfeeding my two month old, I am definitely an advocate for it. I enjoy it but I don't think that it is for everyone. I am not like those fanatical lactation consultants that I am sure every mother has encountered at the hospital (not all of them are like that, I can assure you). It seems that every time someone finds out that I am breastfeeding they feel the urge to explain to me why they did not breastfeed their child. I am not the breastfeeding police, I do not need to hear any excuses. We are all capable of doing it and rarely is there a proper medical reason that a woman could not breastfeed. If you don't want to breastfeed or you are not comfortable with it that is fine, just say that. Women should not have to feel guilt over a decision that involves their body nor should their feel the need to justify to a 'Feeder'. Stand strong with your choices!!

No comments: